|Minimum Order Quantity||1 Piece|
|Max Temperature||80deg C|
|Medium Material||Active Carbon|
ABB active filters can be applied to small, medium or large applications and are suitable for both industrial and commercial installations. They provide harmonic mitigation, load balancing and step-less reactive power control for inductive and capacitive loads. Selection from the large choice of ratings from several tens of Amps to several thousands of Amps enables the optimal solution for each system to be easily defined. The desired filter rating can be obtained by combining different master and slave units. Under normal conditions, the load of the filter will be distributed evenly over all the filter units operating in parallel. ABB active filters can be installed in LV networks. They can also be employed in MV networks through the use of a suitable coupling transformer.
Active Filters offer the following system benefits:
- Reduced production downtime and/or commercial installation downtime.
- Increased system efficiency and reduction of CO emissions.
- Compliance with the strictest Power Quality regulations thanks to their unique control concept, thereby avoiding penalties and/ or refusal by utilities to connect installations to the electrical grid.
- No detailed network analysis required, rapid and easy implementation of the solution.
- Not overloadable, thanks to their active concept, hence well adapted to LV installations where loads are upgraded frequently.
Have unprecedented filtering efficiency thanks to the unique closed loop control system and individual harmonic selection capability:
- Filter up to 20 harmonics simultaneously (PQFS in 3-wire mode).
- Selection of harmonics up to the 50th harmonic.
- Harmonic attenuation factor better than 97%.
- Compliance with all aspects of harmonic regulations including compliance with individual harmonic limits.
- Increase system reliability.