|Operating Voltage Range||400 V/440 V|
|Rated Frequency||50 Hz|
|Rated Power||10kVAr / 25kVAr / 50kVAr 415/ 440 VAC|
|Maximum Current||100 A (50kVAr), 50 A (25kVAr) and 20A (10kVAr) non continuous, since thermal load is important.|
|Dimensions||156mm x (200 + 50)mm x 236mm (W x H x D)|
ABB''s pF-TSM is a Thyristor Switch specifically designed for high speed switching of Power Factor Correction Capacitor Banks. (10kVAr, 25kVAr & 50kVAr @ 415/ 440VAC, 50Hz). Triggering of Thyristor Switch is done by Power Factor Controller meant for such applications viz., ABB-RVT-D / ABB-PFR-T12 etc. having a Transistor Output for the said purpose. It can also be triggered by other means using PLCs & Solid State Relays as well. Thyristor switching module is for high speed Reactive Power Compensation Systems in Low Voltage grids from 415 / 440 V, 50 Hz, using single or multiple components of 50kVAr, 25kVAr & 10kVAr.
- Suitable for capacitor units with or without detuning reactor.
- High speed switching at Zero differential voltages
- Self Cooled Units with Option of Forced Cooling.
- Monitoring of Supply Voltage, Input Trigger and Thermal Fault.
- ABB pf-TSM Datasheet V1, 31st Jul18No external Power required for TSM.
- Optional cooling FAN runs on external power 230VAC, 50Hz.
- Optional Annunciation Extension Unit using potential free contacts 30VDC, 1A or
- 230VAC, 1A.
- Robust connections via Copper Bus-bars with safety cover.
- Rodent entry protection.
- Extreme Climate Condition compliant.
- ROHS Compliant.
- No Eddy Current Cable Heating.
- IP Protection Class: IP20.
- Least maintenance.
- Lowest TCO.
High Speed Reactive Power Compensation is desired in applications where the Power Factor changes are very rapid, viz.,
TSM Mounting & Connection Information:
- Welding Equipments.
- Wind Turbines.
- Fast Operation presses.
- The Thyristor Switch is mounted directly on the Component Mounting Plate of the Low Voltage Switchboard / Panel. Clearance of 150mm is required for ventilation. The
- Power Supply connections are made using copper flexible cables appropriately sized, through protective devices (viz. high speed fuses) as mandated.
- A 12 VDC - 24 VDC trigger signal coming from the Power Factor Controller or other arrangement is to be connected at points “T+ & T-”, for triggering ON the module. It is possible to trigger multiple Thyristor Switch Modules simultaneously to achieve a larger kvar step capacity.