|Voltage Rating||220 to 1000 V|
|Altitude||Up to 1000 m|
|Terminals||CLMD13 Three M6 Terminals.|
|Color||Beige RAL 7032.|
|Connection||Three-phase as standard construction (single-phase on request)|
|Frequency||50 and 60 Hz|
|Weight||CLMD13 approximately 2.5 kg.|
|Voltage Range||From 220 to 1000 V|
|Fixing||CLMD43-53-63-83 with two slots 26 X 12 mm.|
|Minimum Distance Between Units||CLMD13-33S 20 mm (25 mm for units Greater than 30 kvar).,CLMD43-53-63-83 50 mm.|
|Minimum Distance Between Units And Wall||CLMD13-33 20 mm (25 mm for units Greater than 30 kvar).,CLMD43-53-63-83 50 mm.|
|Earth||CLMD13-33S Earth connection on the enclosure fixation.|
|Execution||Execution Indoor (outdoor on request).|
|Maximum Ambient Temperature||Class,,D" (+55dig C) according to IEC 60831|
|Minimum Ambient Temperature||Indoor type -25digC.,Outdoor type -40dig C.|
|Protection||CLMD33S IP40.,CLMD13-43-53-63-83 IP 42 (IP 54 on request).|
|Cable Input||CLMD13 22.5 mm.|
|Voltage Test||Between terminals 2.15 Un for 10 seconds.|
|Lightning Impulse Voltage Test||CLMD13-43-53-63-83 15kV.,CLMD33S 8kV.|
|Net Output Power||From 3.3 to 120 kvar|
|Tolerance on Capacitance||0 % + 10 %.|
|Losses (discharge resistors included)||Less than 0.5 Watt/kvar for 380 V rated voltage and above.|
|Maximum Permissible Current||1.3 x In for continuous operation.|
|Tolerance On Voltage||30% for maximum 1 minute (according to IEC 60831).|
|Case Material||Zinc electroplated mild steel.|
High Performance In-House Metallized Film:
- The CLMD capacitor consists of a number of wound elements made with a dielectric of metallized polypropylene film. These dry windings are provided with a sequential disconnector ensuring that each element can be reliably and selectively disconnected from the circuit at the end of its life.
- The capacitor elements receive a treatment under vacuum in order to ensure perfect electrical characteristics. Each winding is placed in a plastic case and encapsulated in thermo-setting resin in order to obtain a perfectly sealed element.
- The elements are placed inside a sheet steel box and connected in such a way as to supply the single or three-phase power at the required voltage and frequency
- The sheet steel box is filled with inorganic, inert and fire proof granules in order to absorb the energy produced or to extinguish any flames in case of a possible defect at the end of an element’s life. The CLMD is also provided with thermal equalizers to ensure effective heat dissipation.
ABB’s completely integrated manufacturing process has resulted
in the development of the special ABB high-performance film of
which all ABB LV capacitors benefit:
- High breakdown strength
- Excellent peak current handling capability
- High capacitance stability
- Optimal self healing design
- Long life
Dry Type Design:
The CLMD has a dry type dielectric and therefore cannot give any
risk of leakage or pollution of the environment.
Very Low Losses:
Dielectric losses are less than 0.2 Watt per kvar. Total losses,
including discharge resistors, are less than 0.5 Watt per kvar.
Long Life - Self-Healing:
- In the event of a fault developing in the dielectric of the capacitor, the metallized electrode adjacent to the fault is immediately vaporized, thus insolating the fault. The capacitor then continues normal operation.
- All capacitor elements within the CLMD capacitor are surrounded by vermiculite which is an inorganic, inert, fire proof and non toxic granular material. In the event of any failure the vermiculite absorbs safely the energy produced within the capacitor box and extinguishes any possible flames.
Unique Protection System:
- A unique Sequential Protection System ensures that each individual element can be disconnected from the circuit at the end of its life.
Easy To Install - Light Weight:
- The CLMD capacitor is very lightweight and therefore presents no
handling difficulties during installation.
- The CLMD capacitor complies with the requirements of IEC
60831-1 & 2. The use of robust terminals removes the risk
of damage during installation and reduces maintenance
- Thermal equalizers are fitted to surround each capacitor element and provide effective heat dissipation. The CLMD capacitor is equipped with discharge resistors.
- Our ISO 9001 Quality System registration provides the strongest assurance of our product quality.
The CLMD capacitor has a dry type dielectric and is free from liquids or other impregnating agents. It has been designed for environmentally friendly manufacturing. Our ISO 14001 certification guarantees our commitment to the environment.
Modular - CLMD 13:
- The CLMD 13 is designed to make an easy parallel connection of capacitor units.